Sunday 14 June 2015

BrickaGrams special blog on Lego Worlds the infinate building game ... enjoy



Hello everyone! First and foremost I'd like to congratulate all of the winners in Last Sundays prize draw! It was an awesome one to say the least, and the next is looking to be even better. I mean....c'mon. Tower Bridge? Who isn't excited for that? I'll for sure be getting a few tickets for myself, and of course uploading lots of pictures to the BrickaGram app! I'm sure there will be lots of chances to win other prizes between now and then, so be sure to check in daily! Don't forget, Lego Jurassic World is coming up! I can't wait!
Not a whole lot to report on on the Lego news front today....but that's okay. We got more than enough to wet our palette last week, for sure. Today I would like to talk a little bit more about Lego: Worlds. I've had a chance to spend 12 or so hours with it, and have some first impressions I'd like to share with you.
Okay, the first thing you do when you start up a game is select a randomly generated world. You CAN see the map from the start so it gives you an idea of what to expect when you jump in. These worlds are displayed via a 'micro build' (if you've ever built any of the first Minecraft sets, you'll know what I mean). You'll see mountains, plains, snow and pink areas. While playing the game you CAN go past what that map shows, and as I've played I have yet to run into a wall that stops me. There may be one though, I'm not sure.
So, you pick your world and hop in. And what a hop! You start out in the sky falling towards the earth (don't worry, there's no fall damage. You are made of plastic after all). You can actually hit your left mouse button a few times to open an umbrella to slow your decent to better control where you land, if you so choose.
You have many menu controls at your disposal, you can customize your character, quick build sets and other small mini builds, or do it the old fashioned way and lay it brick by brick. Now...they don't have every piece ever, but they plan on adding more peices down the road. I, myself, was relieved to hear this, as the peices they give you are very basic. You can build a house, but little else.
Speaking of builds...you can actually import your .lxf files from the Lego Digital Designer program and use them in the game, but they will only really work if you build within the constraints of the pieces that are avaliable in the game.
One of the first things you'll notice is when you walk to up to a mini build that is flashing an icon will pop up. That means you have unlocked this build for purchase, and no, not with real money. I've been reassured by the developers that Lego: Worlds will NOT have any micro transactions. So you won't have to pay for any horse armor here! You get studs, like you would in any of the other Lego games, and you use those to buy builds, vehicles and characters.
You'll meet many characters as well, and all of them are real Lego minifigures that you may have seen in stores. And you're not forced to use all of any of them. Choose a head from a pirate, the torso of a robber, the legs of a police officer, and the cape from a wizard. It's all there. And some characters even come with special moves. The wizard, for example, can shoot fireballs, and Dracula can turn into a bat.
Now....vehicles...I'm torn on this. They haven't said if you can or cannot build your OWN vehicles, which I'm hoping in the final build of the game that you can. I mean....wasn't that one of the first things you wanted to do as a kid with Lego? Build a spaceship, or a car.... Well, we'll see what happens down the road. But there ARE vehicles. Cars, planes, helicopters, steamrollers....bulldozers. And many of the construction vehicles can alter the landscape. I can see this being a huge aspect of the game as time goes on. One car I stumbled upon in the desert by a sphinx had a gun facing backwards next to the passenger seat, so when multiplayer is implemented (either later this year or early next year) that could play a role with that.
I have much more to say, but I think I've said enough for today. I will try to pry some more information from the developers in the next week or so as we await the first TRUE update to the game. Recently it's been mostly bug fixes and game stabilization. But they will be adding things based on OUR feedback, so if you can, I suggest you purchase it on Steam for $14.99 US. Even though the game is still in its alpha phase, if you buy it now, when the final release happens, you will NOT have to buy it again, and it will be more expensive if you wait! So get it now and be a part of the shaping of what could possibly be the greatest and most ambitious Lego game to date!

pictured below screen shots of lego world;) 







No comments:

Post a Comment